As you know, this amazing event would not be possible without some equally amazing volunteers. If you are interested in helping out again this year, we would love to have your support. There will be there lots of jobs to choose from:
- Route Marshalls– Route Marshalls will be placed along the route to keep people moving and ensure that our walkers are safe.
- Food Crew – We will need a large crew of people to help feed our walkers! From set up to prep to cooking burgers, there will be lots to do!
- Registration Table / Lost Kids Station – Greet walkers as they arrive, register participants, hand out event brochures/route map and provide a run down to the day’s event. Remain at this station to help out anyone who gets separated from their family.
- Merchandise Table – Manage merchandise and cash sales.
- Donation Table – Collect and manage donations.
- Kids Craft Station – Help our younger walkers with some fun crafts!
- Event Set Up Crew – Arrive early before the event to help with the set-up of chairs/tables, the organizing of the various stations, accept deliveries and work with on-site vendors. We will also need 3-4 people with trucks willing to help us bring supplies over from the CM office in Inglewood.
- Clean Up Crew – Hang out after the walk to help us pack it all up!
- First Aid Station – If you are qualified and would like to help out in this area, please let me know.
If you have any questions about any of the listed positions, please don’t hesitate to let me know – email@example.com. Please feel free to forward this information along to anyone else you think might be interested. I look forward to having you as part of our team again this year.
I would also like to share with you some information about sponsorship. This year, we are reaching out to the community for donations to make this walk a success. Below is a list of sponsorship opportunities for the Walk for Thomas:
- Logo sponsor for food or drink table at the event (minimum donation of $350/cash or food)
- Sponsor marker sign along the walk at each km – logo will be printed on 2×2 kilometre marker (minimum donation of $250)
- Tent sponsor, stage sponsor or table and chairs sponsor (minimum donation of $500)
- General sponsorship towards event materials (cash or materials)
All proceeds raised from this event will support the medical research of Dr. Paul Beaudry at the University of Calgary, who is studying ways of better diagnosing and treating neuroblastoma. We would be most grateful for any support from individuals or organizations towards this year’s walk. For more information about being a sponsor, please contact Amanda Duke at firstname.lastname@example.org.