The date has been set for the 4th Annual Walk for Thomas – please keep the morning of Sunday October 5th, 2014 open! Watch the Peloton 65 site, http://peloton65.com/ and our Facebook page for more event details and updates. The walk will be held at Queen Elizabeth School in West Hillhurst, Calgary (402 – 18 St NW). We were overwhelmed by the generous outpouring of participants last year, and had an unexpected 350+ participants.
The morning of October 5th will go as follows:
· 9:30am Wake-Up Refreshments
· 10:00am Welcome and Warm-up
· 10:15am Depart for 3km Walk
· 11:00am BBQ (back at the school)
We will have Walk for Thomas merchandise for sale and will also be accepting donations at the event. If you cannot make the event and still wish to donate, please feel free to visit the donation page at Peloton65.com. All funds raised at the event support The Thomas Mueller Phage Display project, an innovative project being co-led by Dr. Paul Beaudry at the University of Calgary and Dr. David Kaplan at The Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto.
This amazing event would not be possible without some equally amazing volunteers. If you are interested in helping out this year, we would love to have your support. There are a wide variety of ways to get involved:
- Route Marshalls– Route Marshalls will be placed along the route to keep people moving and ensure that our walkers are safe.
- Food Crew – From set up to prep to cooking burgers, there will be lots to do!
- Registration Table – Greet walkers as they arrive, register participants, hand out event brochures/route map and provide a run down to the day’s event.
- Merchandise and Donations Table – Manage merchandise and cash sales. Collect and manage donations.
- Event Set Up Crew – Arrive early before the event to help with the set-up of chairs/tables, the organizing of the various stations, accept deliveries and work with on-site vendors.
- Clean Up Crew – Hang out after the walk to help us pack it all up!
- First Aid Station – If you are qualified and would like to help out in this area, please let me know.
If you have any questions about the event or any of the listed positions, please contact Julie Walyuchow. Feel free to forward this information along to anyone else you think might be interested.
We hope for another special Walk; where people will gather to remember Thomas and to unite in the fight against neuroblastoma.
-Team Peleton 65